We may earn revenue from the products available on this site and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more
Are you looking to take a kid, or maybe your wife or a hunting partner with you? We have our top picks for the best 2 man ladder stand rated and reviewed below.
Sharing your hunting experience with another person can lead to some of the most memorable moments in a deer hunter's life.
We are real hunters that actually use these two man ladder stands so that we can review them honestly and help you to find the best 2 person ladder stand for you. These are the two man ladder stands that came out on top of our testing and ratings.
How We Tested And Rated The 2 Man Ladder Stands
Our team of deer hunters tested over 20 two man ladder stands on a variety of criteria and came up with this list of the 9 best 2 man ladder stands that we are confident to recommend and we tell you why in detail below.
Here are the criteria on which we rated these ladder stands. Every member of our staff rated each two man ladder stand on a scale of one to five for each of the criteria below, with five being the highest.
By using this method of testing and rating, it quickly became clear which ladder stands were better than others.
- Comfort: Comfort is a huge factor when choosing a stand. The more comfortable you are, the more time you will spend in the stand and the better your chances of a successful hunt. This is especially true if you are taking children hunting with you. The more comfortable the child is, the less fidgety they will be.
- Platform Size: Platform size varies dramatically between different double ladder stands. You need a platform that is large enough for 2 persons and gear.
- Sturdiness: Some cheap ladder stands are so flimsy that they bend when you are climbing and the creak and squeak when you shift your weight. We tested and rated each stand on how strong and sturdy it is.
- Noise: We rated each stand on how quiet it is. Some are definitely better than others and quiet is key when hunting deer. Things like teflon washers and lubricated washers made a huge difference.
- Value: We rated each stand on how much value you get for your dollar. Our top pick hit that sweet spot of excellent ratings at a reasonable price point.
Best 2 Man Ladder Stand Reviews And Recommendations
Editor's Choice: Hawk Denali 2 Person Ladder Stand
We have a couple of guys on staff that absolutely swear by the Hawk Denali.
Let's take a look at why these guys like it so much.
The two MeshComfort™ padded seats are the same type of seat that was only found on patio furniture until Hawk brought it to ladder stands.
The seats are 24 inches wide with a 23 inch backrest that is contoured for all day comfort.
The first time you sit in these comfortable seats, you will realize why these hunters are so passionate about this ladder stand.
There is a padded armrest in the middle of the two padded seats as well as one on each end.
The foot platform is huge, measuring 51 inches wide by 17 inches deep and constructed of oversized grip mesh for superior traction, making it one of the larger platforms on our list.
The ladder is made of heavy duty oval tubing for strength and extra stability, providing a secure grip when climbing and easy platform entry.
Unlike other ladder stands, the ladder sections are bolted together instead of pinned, which makes it a much quieter ladder stand when climbing.
The Denali is 18 feet high to the adjustable shooting rail and weighs in at 96 pounds with a 500 pound weight capacity.
One of our favorite things about this ladder stand is the SAFE-TREAD™ steps.
They are large steps with stamped holes that grab wet, muddy boots for superior traction.
- Huge, patio chair sized MeshComfort™ Seats with a padded armrest in the middle.
- Kick out footrests that double as grab rails when entering the stand.
- Padded shooting rail that adjusts for bowhunting or gun hunting.
- Oval tubing sprayed with textured powder coating for a better grip and protection from the elements.
- Patented SAFE-TREAD™ ladder steps for superior traction regardless of the conditions.
- Bolted ladder sections for noise free climbing.
- Hawk Treestands exclusive tensioning system for safely climbing the first time to attach the ratchet straps.
- Durable Construction.
- Includes 2 safety harnesses.
What We Don't Like
- The tensioning system works, but it is not perfect.
- Padding on the armrests could be longer.
As you can see from the features above, the Hawk Denali is one of the most comfortable 2 person ladder stands available and is ideal for spending long hours hunting deer.
Best 2 Man Stand For Bowhunting and The Tallest 2 Man Ladder Stand In Our Roundup: Rivers Edge Lockdown Wide Two Man Ladder Stand
The Rivers Edge Lockdown is the tallest 2 person ladder stand on our list at 21 feet to the shooting rail and a top rated 2 person ladder stand for big guys.
It has the TearTuff™ mesh bench seat without a center bar so that it can be used as a one or 2 person ladder stand. Big guys can sit right in the middle.
The seat is 42 inches wide and 16 inches deep, which is plenty big enough for 2 people or one of the big guys.
It is super comfortable with a backrest that extends all the way across the seat.
The foot platform size measures 42 inches wide by 32.5 inches deep.
The Ultimate Shooting Rail™ on the Lockdown stand can be adjusted for both height and length, making it ideal for bowhunting, firearm hunting or crossbow.
The Lockdown™ Ground-Level Ratcheting Technology lets you pull the platform straps up to the top of the platform and ratchet them tight to the tree while standing on the ground.
Heavy duty, sturdy construction with octagonal ladder rails, LadderLock™ connections, and a third ladder rail make this an extremely sturdy stand, but that comes at a price.
It is very heavy, weighing in at 129 pounds, which will require a minimum of 3 or 4 people to get this stand set up against the tree.
Like all of the best 2 man stands, it has a 500 pound weight capacity.
It is one of the quietest 2 man stands that we tested thanks to vinyl dipped parts, which also provide some protection and add to the durability of this ladder stand.
It also incorporates all of the safety features that we have become accustomed to from Rivers Edge treestands.
- The Lockdown™ Ground-Level Ratcheting Technology- Securely ratchet your stand tight to the tree without leaving the ground.
- No-split TEARTUFF™ Mesh Seat - Bench seat is ideal for big guys that can sit right in the middle, or wide enough for 2 adults.
- The ULTIMATE SHOOTING RAIL™ can be adjusted for both height and length for bowhunting, gun hunting or crossbow hunting.
- LadderLock™ connections for noiseless climbing.
- A 3rd ladder rail makes the ladder stiff and sturdy.
- Vinyl dipped parts for sound reduction and durability.
- The footrest can be tucked away providing use if the full platform.
- The shooting rail can be tucked away into slots when not in use.
- Includes 2 safety harnesses.
What We Don't Like
- The whole construction is steel which makes it really heavy. You are going to need at least 3 or 4 people to set this against the tree.
- It is expensive.
Here's a video that shows how the Lockdown Technology works for setting up a ladder stand.
It is very innovative and a game changer for safely setting up ladder stands.
If you are a larger size hunter, you should consider the Lockdown two man for your ladder stand.
Most Comfortable 2 Man Ladder Stand: Muddy Stronghold 2.5 XLT Ladder Stand
During our testing and rating of two person ladder stands, we asked each of our staff; What is the most comfortable two man ladder stand that you have tested?
The Muddy Stronghold is the most comfortable 2 man ladder stand we have tested.
That was the overwhelming response from our staff of hunters.
When we asked them why, the answers were all the same.
The Muddy Flex-tek seat is the most comfortable of all the stands tested. It is slightly curved in the front which is more comfortable on the legs, and the footrest is the perfect height for sitting back and relaxing in the stand.
We should note that there are 2 separate seats with an armrest in between, so you cannot use this stand like a bench seat, but it is ideal for you and your hunting partner.
Each seat is 24 inches wide by 17 inches deep with a 27 inch seat height and a very comfortable backrest.
The foot platform size on the Muddy Stronghold measures 50 inches wide by 17 inches deep, so there is plenty of width to feel safe and secure with two people.
It is a good height for bowhunting at 18 feet to the padded shooting rail, which is adjustable and can be flipped up out of the way.
The stand is pretty heavy, although that is what makes it so sturdy. It weighs in at 106 pounds and has a weight capacity of 500 pounds.
Let's take a look at some of the features of the Muddy Stronghold 2.5 XLT.
- Hercules Cross Grip Safety System - This system is designed to secure the stand to the tree before you climb it to attach the ratchet straps. While it is better than no system at all, it is not as good as the Jaw system above.
- Oval tubing on the ladder that adds strength and stability while being easy to grip as you climb.
- Powder coated steel construction.
- Comfort-tek seat with backrest is one of the most comfortable in the industry
- Fully adjustable padded shooting rail with peach skin fabric for complete silence.
- Footrest that is at an ideal height for extra comfort,
- Nylon washers, spacers and caps for effective noise reduction
- Includes 2 drink holders and 2 accessory hooks.
- Two safety harnesses.
What We Don't Like
- While not as heavy as the two stands above, you will still need 3 people to get this stand up in the tree safely.
All 3 of the stands above could qualify as the most comfortable two man ladderstand available, but when our team of hunters was asked to choose, the winner was the Muddy Stronghold 2.5 XLT.
Best 2 Man Ladder Stand Under $300: Rivers Edge Twoplex Two Man Ladder Stand
The Rivers Edge TwoPlex is our top pick for the best 2 man ladder stand under $300.
It is also a great ladder stand for big guys and here's why:
Many of the big guys on our staff like to use a two person ladder stand because of the extra room and the 500 lbs weight limit.
The problem is that many of the best two person ladder stands on the market today have 2 padded seats, but the Rivers Edge TwoPlex has one wide bench seat that is perfect for the big guys looking to use it as a one man stand.
The seat also has a very comfortable mesh backrest.
The seat is 37 inches wide by 14 inches deep, which is wide enough for a big guy and all his gear.
The seat does flip up out of the way if you prefer to shoot standing up with more room.
The stand is a good height for bowhunting at 17 feet to the padded shooting rail, which can be flipped up out of the way.
The foot platform size measures 40 inches wide by 26 inches deep, which ideal for the solo hunter.
The TwoPlex is not nearly as heavy as the best 2-man stands above, weighing in at only 86 pounds with a 500 lbs weight capacity.
Let's take a look at the features of the Rivers Edge TwoPlex.
- Comfortable, TearTuff™ mesh bench seat that flips up out of the way.
- Flip up, padded shooting rail that is 2 way adjustable for both height and depth.
- Uses dual tree blades to improve the stability of the platform.
- Includes two ratchet straps and stability straps.
- Includes an adjustable stabilizer bar.
- Includes 2 full body harnesses, but you should consider getting the best tree stand safety harness for big guys that you can afford.
What We Don't Like
- Does not have a footrest.
- Not as comfortable as the other top rated two man stands.
Here is a video showing the complete assembly and set up in the tree of the Rivers Edge TwoPlex Ladder Stand.
If you are looking for the best ladder stand for big guys, then you need one with a comfortable bench seat and a 500 lbs weight rating.
The River Edge TwoPlex fits that criteria and should be your number one choice.
Best 2 Man Ladder Stand For The Money: Rivers Edge 18ft 2-Man Ladder Stand
Rivers Edge makes some of the best 2-man ladder stands on the market today, but some of them are quite expensive.
This one is kind of bare bones, but it gets the job done and our staff has taken plenty of deer out of this ladder stand.
The platform is quite wide at 36 inches, but it is not very deep, only measuring 12.5 inches front to back.
The cushioned seat measures 38 inches wide by 12 inches deep and is comfortable enough at this price point.
The stand is 18' high to the shooting rail and 15' high to the platform.
It is one of the easier two man stands to set up, because it only weighs 63 pounds. It is a little tight for two full grown men though.
Let's take a look at some of the features of this dual ladder stand.
- Sturdy steel construction
- Flip up padded shooting rail
- Padded bench seat
- Slightly curved platform for more room
- Uses dual tree blades to improve the stability of the platform.
- Includes two ratchet straps and stability straps
- Includes an adjustable stabilizer bar
- Includes 2 full body harnesses
What We Don't Like
- Not as high quality as our top picks
This is a great 2 man ladder stand for the money, but it is a big step down from the more expensive models.
Best 2 Man Ladder Stand Under $200: Big Game Guardian XLT
We realize that there are some hunters out there that don't want to spend a lot of money on a ladder stand, so we have included the Big Game Guardian XLT as the best budget two man ladderstand.
It is the best 2 man ladder stand under $300 that we could recommend after our testing. Depending on where you buy it, you may be able to find it for under $200.
We have to mention here that this stand is not even close to the other 2 person ladder stands that we have recommended in terms of quality and comfort, but it will get the job done at an affordable price.
The Flex-tek bench seat measures 36 inches wide by 12 inches deep and would work for big guys because you can sit in the middle.
This is the smallest double ladder stand that we have tested. The foot platform size measures only 36 inches wide by 12.5 inches deep.
It is also the lightest ladder stand in our lineup at only 53 pound, despite its all steel construction and it still has a 500 pound weight capacity. It definitely lacks the sturdiness of the stands reviewed above.
Even though it is the lightest ladder stand, you will still need at least 2 people to set it up against the tree.
It is a great height for bowhunting at 18 feet to the shooting rail.
- Ultra light Flex-tek seat.
- Flip up, padded shooting rail is ideal for bowhunting or as a gun rest for rifle and crossbow.
- Sturdy construction.
- 18 feet high to the shooting rail.
- Adjustable support bar.
- Includes 1 ratchet strap and 2 stabilizer straps.
- Includes 2 full body harnesses.
What We Don't Like
- one of the cheaper models with flimsy construction.
- Not very comfortable for two adults.
We have only included this 2 person ladder stand because we wanted to offer an affordable option to the hunters out there that are budget minded. There are better options out there.
This stand is one of the cheaper models and you get what you pay for.
If you are looking for the best budget two man ladder stand under $200, then the Big Game Guardian XLT is for you, but it is a no frills, cheap ladder stand that is not very comfortable and will not last more than a few years in the elements.
We would highly recommend that you spend a little more money and buy one of the best 2 person ladder stands above. Some of them are priced under $300 when on sale.
Best Two Man Ladder Stand with a Hunting Blind: Guide Gear 20' 2-Man Double Rail Ladder Stand with Hunting Blind
Some hunters are looking for a two man ladder stand that comes with a hunting blind to provide a good amount of concealment and the best we could find is the Guide Gear 20' 2-Man Double Rail Ladder Stand with Hunting Blind.
The blind is ideal for concealing movement, especially if you are hunting deer with fidgety children.
The blind is actually part of the shooting rail and simply unfolds if you want to use it. There is a door in front for quick and easy access.
It can also be used without the hunting blind as seen below.
You can see that the shooting rail wraps all the way around so that you have a good amount of concealment when the hunting blind is deployed.
The stand weight is 90 pounds and it has a 500 lbs weight capacity.
It has a huge 55" wide x 14" deep curved platform which provides more space for two hunters and a 36" wide x 14" deep cushioned seat with cushioned backrest for long sits.
Let's take a look at some other features of the Guide Gear Stand.
- Double rail ladder for added strength and extra stability.
- Padded shooting rail is ideal for bowhunting or as a gun rest for rifle and crossbow.
- Sturdy steel construction.
- 20 feet high to the shooting rail.
- Adjustable support bar.
- Padded bench seat and backrest.
- Pinned ladder sections for quick easy setup.
- Includes two safety harnesses.
What We Don't Like
- Zipper is noisy for getting the blind in and out of the shooting rail.
- Shooting rail is not adjustable.
- Foot platform is not very deep.
If you are looking for a quality two man ladder stand with a blind, this is the stand for you. It is in the same price range as stands without a blind.
It provides enough space for an adult and child, but not a lot of room for two hunters that are adults.
This tree ladder stand makes a great stand for a single large hunter.
Staff Favorite: X Stand Treestands The Comrade Two Man Ladder Stand
This is one of our favorite 2 man ladder treestands, but unfortunately, they have become very hard to find. Your best bet is to try ebay or facebook hunting groups to find one, until they come back in stock.
The X Stand Treestands Comrade is a top choice by our staff because it has the widest foot platform of all the two man ladder stands and the two individual padded seats are extremely comfortable.
We also love the small console between the two seats. It is a perfect place to keep hunting gear, whether it be calls or binoculars handy and within easy reach.
The platform size is huge, measuring 73 inches wide by 18 inches deep and it is curved to closely match the curvature of the tree trunk and give both hunters a better view of the surrounding area, looking in different directions at the same time from a seated position and provides extra space for hunting gear.
The individual Comfort- FleX mesh seats are extremely comfortable and include padded arm rests. They measure 19 inches wide by 16 inches deep.
Comfort is one of our top rating criteria when we are testing out the best tree stands and it is extremely important for spending as much time as you can in the stand to increase your chances for a successful hunt.
Each seat has its own padded shooting rail that can be flipped up independent of each other.
This is one of the great safety features if you have a child in the stand with you. You can flip up your rail to shoot, but your child can remain safely secured behind their shooting rail.
The Comrade measures 18 feet high to the shooting rail which we find to be an ideal height in most situations.
This ladder stand is big as as a result it is heavy, weighing in at 125 pounds with a 500 pound weight limit.
We can't talk about any of the X Stand Treestands without talking about their safety features like the revolutionary patented Jaw System.
The Jaw System makes setting up these 2 man ladder stands safe and secure before you even leave the ground.
You can see it in the image below.
We are really impressed with all of the X-Stands products. They are bringing innovation to the tree stand industry in ways we never thought possible.
Let's take a look at some more of the important features of the X-Stand The Comrade.
- Powder coated steel construction.
- Weather Defender powder coating spray for the ultimate protection from the elements.
- Helix oval tubing adds strength and added stability while, at the same time providing a better, more secure grip when climbing.
- Stealth Silencers self lubricating nylon washers used everywhere that there may be metal to metal contact to eliminate any trace of noise.
- Comfort FleX mesh seats that contour to your body are one of the most comfortable in the tree stand industry.
- Padded armrests for extra comfort.
- 2 independent flip up, padded shooting rails.
- Safety Harness for two people included.
What We Don't Like
- It is heavy and awkward to set up. You are going to need at least two people to help you, but once it is set up, you can leave it for the season.
- It comes with a big price tag.
Watch this video showing all of the additional features of The comrade and you will see why we have chosen it as the best two man ladder stand.
When you look at all of the features above, it is easy to see that this is the ideal 2 person ladder stand for bowhunting or firearm hunting, but it is expensive and some of you may prefer a bench style seat design.
Great For Bow Hunting: X Stand Treestands The Jayhawk 20 Two Man Ladder Stand
The X Stand Jayhawk 20 is a good choice for bowhunting, but it is a great choice for firearms hunting as well.
Unfortunately, they have become hard to find since the pandemic. Your best bet is to look on ebay and facebook hunting groups for a used one, until X-Stand starts producing them again.
Some bow hunters prefer a stands without shooting rails when bow hunting. They claim that the shooting rails can get in the way when taking seated shots with a compound bow. The shooting rail on the Jayhawk can be flipped up behind you or completely removed for bow hunting.
The innovation and safety features coming out of X Stand Treestands is nothing short of amazing. They are looking at every aspect of tree stands and improving on everything that they can find.
They use only the best construction material quality and build treestands that are extremely quiet.
The first innovation is the patented Jaw Safety System that they have developed. You can secure the ladder stand to the tree before you go up and attach the ratchet straps.
This has literally revolutionized the ladder stand industry with other competitors trying to come up with their own systems for safely securing the stand to the tree before climbing.
The Jayhawk 20 is plenty big enough for you and a hunting partner, with a foot platform measuring 42 inches wide by 34 inches deep.
The Comfort FleX mesh seat measures 39 inches wide by 17 inches deep and contours to your body for maximum comfort, complete with padded armrests.
We should note that it is two separate seats and you can't sit comfortably in the middle like a bench seat. The seat does however flip up and out of the way as one piece providing extra space for standing shots.
The Jayhawk is one of the tallest two man ladder stands with a nice height of 20 feet to the padded shooting rail, which can be flipped up or removed completely if you prefer for bowhunting.
The Jayhawk is heavy, weighing in at 122 pounds and will require at least 2 or 3 people to set it up in the tree. It has a weight capacity of 500 lbs.
It also has a flip out footrest which makes it extremely comfortable for the long hunts.
Let's take a look at some of the additional features of the X Stand Jayhawk.
- Revolutionary, patented Jaw Safety System.
- Heavy duty steel Helix oval tubing provides a good grip while you are climbing and adds strength to the ladder.
- Weather Defender powder coated spray provides a rough finish for a better grip while also providing protection for multiple seasons.
- Stealth Silencers self lubricating nylon washers help to eliminate any noise from metal to metal contact.
- Pinned ladder sections with patent pending Silent Snap Pins have a spring on them, which eliminates the rattling sound that other pins make on ladder stands.
- X Force expanded metal used on the large platform to add strength, traction and silence.
- Innovative Comfort- FleX mesh seat for all day comfort.
- Padded armrests.
- Padded shooting rail that can be flipped up or removed for bowhunting.
- Includes 2 cup holders and gear hooks.
- Weight limit 500 pounds.
- Includes a full body harness for each hunter.
What We Don't Like
- It is very heavy and you will probably need at least two people to help you get it set up in the tree.
- It is expensive, but you have to pay more for the best.
Here's a video showing all of the features of the X-Stand Jayhawk.
When you look at all of the innovation that goes into the X Stand Jayhawk, it easy to see why it makes our list.
If you are looking for the best 2 person ladder stand for bowhunting, you owe it to yourself to have a look at The Jayhawk.
Best 2 Man Ladder Stand Comparison Chart
Best Overall - Hawk Denali
51" x 17"
Best For Bowhunting - Rivers Edge Lockdown
42" x 32.5"
Most Comfortable -
50" x 17"
Best Under $300 - Rivers Edge Twoplex
40" x 26"
Best For The Money - Rivers Edge 18'
36" x 12.5"
Best Under $200 -
Big Game Guardian XLT
36" x 12.5"
Best With Blind - Guide Gear 20'
55" x 14"
Staff favorite - X-Stand The Comrade
73" x 18"
Great For Bow Hunting -
X-Stand The Jayhawk
42" x 34"
Buyer's Guide - Things to Consider When Choosing the Best 2 Man Ladder Stand
Buying the best 2 person ladder stand is an expensive investment and you should take the time to make sure that you have covered all of the bases so that you can choose the right model for your needs.
Let's take a look at some of the important things to consider when choosing a quality two man ladder stand.
The best 2 man ladder stands are the most comfortable 2 person ladder stands. Comfort comes down to a number of factors.
Let's take a look at each of them:
The seat is the number one factor to consider when you are looking for the most comfortable 2 man stand.
The main types of seats today are the mesh style seats. Other types of seats are cushioned bench style seats.
The new mesh style seats in the best 2 person ladder stands above are super comfortable.
Pay attention to seat size as well. If you are a bigger hunter, you are going to want to look for a seat size that will fit you. That may mean going to a bench style seat design.
The best seats consits of two parts, the seat and the backrest. Make sure that the seat has a backrest. Look for a stand with the contoured mesh backrest that is part of the seat for the most comfortable hunts.
Also consider the seat height. Taller hunters will be more comfortable with a higher seat height.
Also, a seat that flips up out of the way will allow you to stand comfortably to stretch or to make an accurate shot.
All of the most comfortable 2 person ladder stands will have padded armrests. This may not sound very important, but when you are sitting for hours on end, padded armrests will help to keep you comfortable and in the stand longer.
Footrests are another important thing that you may not think of when shopping for a 2 person ladder stand, but once you hunt with one, you will find it hard to sit in a stand without one.
Some stands have stationary footrests, but other models have flip out footrests that can be flipped out of the way when you don't need them, which we prefer.
A good footrest along with padded armrests and a comfortable seat can make sitting in your ladder stand like sitting in your easy chair at home.
You should consider adding a tree stand umbrella for maximum comfort in all weather conditions.
Being comfortable in your stand means that you will stay longer and increase your chances at that deer you have had your eye on.
If you are looking for comfort and the ability to move your stand, check out our top picks for best climbing tree stand.
One thing that you must consider when choosing a stand is the platform size.
As you have seen in the reviews above, foot platform size varies dramatically between different double ladder stands.
Make sure the stand that you are considering provides enough space for two people.
For instance, two hunters that are adults need more room than an adult hunter and a child.
One large hunter will also need more space for all of his or her gear and a large platform size will provide extra elbow room.
Most ladder stands will be between 15 and 21 feet high. We have found that around 20 feet is ideal for bowhunting, while also being good for firearms hunting.
All of the 2 person ladder stands that we have recommended above are between 17 and 21 feet high.
The weight limits on all of the best two man ladderstands is 500 pounds. Keep in mind that 500 pounds is for hunters and all of their gear.
Gear includes your weapons, clothes that you are wearing, boots, hunting backpacks and anything else that you are bring up into the stand with you.
Two hunters that weigh 250 pounds each could not hunt out of these stands together because they would exceed the weight rating with their hunting gear.
You should never exceed the weight capacity of any tree stand.
For some of the big guys out there, 2 person ladder stands may be there only option, because one person ladder stands don't usually have a high enough weight rating for larger size hunters.
While the weight of the ladder stand should be a consideration when you are deciding on a 2 man stand, keep in mind that the heavier stands weigh more because they are more heavy duty.
This means that they are a more sturdy stand and have more stability, which also means that they are better quality.
You should be leary of any super lightweight double ladder stand because they are going to be flimsy and may flex and move when you are climbing or even just when you stand up.
The point that we are trying to make is that a heavy 2 person ladder stand is usually a higher quality construction than a light one.
You are going to need multiple people to set up a two person ladder stand anyway, so you may as well choose the higher quality construction.
Setting It Up
Setting up a one person ladder stand can be a bit difficult and setting up a double ladder stand is even more so.
These ladder stands are heavy and they are going to require at least two people to stand up against the tree.
You will assemble the stand on the ground, at the base of the tree that you have chosen.
Then, two people will lift the stand from the top and walk the stand up against the tree while walking their hands up the ladder.
The sturdier the construction of the stand, the easier this is, even though it is heavier, because the flex and flimsiness will make the stand difficult to control as you walk it up.
Be prepared, as the whole process of assembly and set up can take hours with some models.
One thing to keep in mind that ladder stands should be set up well before the hunting season to allow the deer to become accustomed to them.
Be sure to follow our deer stand placement strategies to increase your chances of a successful hunt.
There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to set up a two man ladder stand and be sure to follow the instruction manual that came with your stand.
While price should be a consideration when you are choosing a 2 person ladder stand, keep in mind that you get what you pay for and most models are going to be quite expensive.
That being said, there are some top rated 2 person ladder stands that we have recommended above that are under $400, with some around $300.
Any 2 man stand under $300 is not very high quality and will not last as long as the best 2 person ladder stand will.
2 man ladder stands are great for hunting with a companion, whether it is your child, your wife, a best friend or just a hunting buddy.
RELATED: Best Gifts For Hunters
The key to everyone enjoying the hunt is comfort and the best 2 person ladder stands are also the most comfortable for that reason.
Our team of hunters have spent countless hours in these tree stands testing and rating them so that we could share with you our top picks in multiple categories.
We are confident that you will be satisfied with any of our recommendations above on your next hunting trip.
We have also included some frequently asked questions below. If you have any other questions or would like to leave a comment, please do so below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best 2 man ladder stand?
The best 2 man ladder stand is the Hawk Denali
What is the best 2 man ladder stand for bowhunting?
The best 2 man ladder stand for bowhunting is the Rivers Edge Lockdown.
Who makes the best two man ladder stand?
In our opinion, the best two man ladder stand is made by Hawk Treestands. Other brands that make some of the best 2 man ladder stands are Muddy Tree Stands, Rivers Edge TreeStands and X Stand Treestands.
What is the tallest 2 man ladder stand?
The tallest 2 man ladder stand is the Rivers Edge Lockdown Wide ladder stand at 21 feet tall.
How wide is a two man ladder stand?
Are two man ladder stands safe?
Yes, two man ladder stands are safe when you follow the instruction manual included with your stand. Today’s tree stands include many safety features and adhere to TMA safety standards. Most tree stand accidents occur when you are entering or exiting the stand, so make sure that you pay attention and you are wearing a tree stand safety harness and are connected to the tree via a safety line anytime that your feet are off the ground.
Do ladder stands spook deer?
Some deer find ladder stands intrusive and they may spook deer when they are first set up. Ladder stands should be set up at least 4 – 6 weeks before the hunting season so that deer become accustomed to them.
You can also camouflage them by attaching natural branches and boughs to the ladder and stand with zip ties.
How much weight can a two man ladder stand hold?
Most two man ladder stands have a 500 pound weight capacity. Do not exceed the weight capacity of any tree stand, and remember, the weight capacity refers to the hunter and gear.