I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when I began this Celestron Nature DX Binoculars Review, but after using them and putting them through the rigors of daily hunting, I am impressed!
They have many of the features that you usually find in more expensive binoculars, but at an affordable price.
This was my first time reviewing Celestron binoculars, so I expected to find the same features and quality of other brands in this price range.
What I found astounded me.
Celestron has brought to market a pair of binoculars with many of the features of much more expensive binoculars, but at an extremely affordable price.
Once you have a chance to see the quality of the Celestron Nature DX Binoculars as well as the higher end features they offer, you will see why they are our Editor's Choice for the Best Hunting Binoculars Under $100.
Celestron Nature DX Binoculars Review Video
Celestron Nature DX Binoculars Review of Quality
I was very impressed with the quality of the Celestron Nature DX.
The Nature DX body is constructed from polycarbonate, which is durable and lightweight. Many of the top hunting binoculars available today use aluminum or magnesium. These are stronger and more durable, but it also makes the binoculars heavier.
The Celestron Nature DX also uses BAK-4 prisms which are superior to the BAK-7 prisms used in some of the binoculars in this price point.
The Celestron Nature DX is 100% Waterproof and fogproof thanks to being o-ring sealed and nitrogen purged. Another feature usually found in more expensive binoculars.
The Nature DX also utilizes fully multi coated optics for incredible clarity. Most binoculars at this price point only use multi coated optics.
Design and Functionality
The first thing that I noticed with the Celestron Nature DX is how lightweight they are and how good they feel in your hands.
This is thanks to the dark green rubber armored coating which is textured to insure a good grip.
There are also indentations in the housing where your forefingers go on the body, making it easy to establish a perfect grip every time.
The large center adjusting ring is easy to reach and very smooth enabling you to achieve perfect focus quickly and effortlessly.
All of this packed into only 22 ounces and you have the best hunting binoculars under $100 on the market today.
- O-ring sealed and Nitrogen purged for 100% waterproof and fogproof dependability.
- Incredibly low price for the high end features.
- Ergonomically designed rubberized body makes them easy to grip and comfortable for all day use.
- Fully multi coated lenses for incredible clarity and superior light transmission.
- Phase coated BAK-4 prisms for lifelike colors and clarity.
- Rubber coated twist eyecups are comfortable and easy to use with eyeglasses or without.
- Tripod adaptable.
- Purchase includes objective lens caps, eyepiece rainguard, neck strap, carrying case, lens cloth, and instruction manual
- Only comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If you spend a little more on binoculars you can get a no questions asked warranty.
Celestron Nature DX Binoculars Specs
- Magnification: 10x
- Focus System: Center
- Prism Type: Roof
- Prism Glass: BAK-4
- Close Focus (ft/m): 6.6/2
- Eye Relief: 14mm
- Objective Lens: 42mm
- Exit Pupil: 4.2mm
- Field of View at 1000 Yds: 304ft
- Diopter: Right Eye
- Optical Coating: Fully Multi Coated
- Waterproof: Yes
- Fogproof: Yes
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Weight: 22oz
I hope that you have found my Celestron Nature DX Binoculars review helpful.
I was very impressed with the Celestron Nature Dx binoculars and I believe that you will be too.
They will never compare to my Nikon Monarch 7, which are my go to hunting binoculars, but you could buy 5 of the Nature DX for the cost of 1 Monarch 7!
If you are looking for the best cheap hunting binoculars that money can buy, look no further than the Celestron Nature DX.
It undoubtedly deserves the Editor's Choice for best hunting binoculars under $100 and we think that you will agree once you put the Nature DX in your hands.