A search for the best hunting binoculars under $200 used to turn up some pretty lousy optics, but thanks to recent advances in technology, you can now get a really decent pair of hunting binoculars in that price range.
Below you will find our top picks for the best hunting binoculars under $200 complete with reviews written by real hunters.
If you are not sure what the numbers mean, visit our best hunting binoculars buying guide for a complete explanation.
5 Best Hunting Binoculars Under $200
Best Hunting Binoculars Under $200 with Reviews
The Vortex Diamondback Binoculars really hit that sweet spot of Premium quality optics versus price.
They are very lightweight and feature Dielectric Fully Multi-Coated Lenses which transmit more light and return brighter images.
Vortex Diamondback features:
- Short hinged design which makes for a very comfortable, ergonomic grip.
- Fully adjustable multi position twist eyecups for excellent eye relief.
- They have a Field of View that is one of the largest in its class.
- Very lightweight.
- O-ring sealed and argon purged for 100% Waterproof and fogproof performance.
- Rubber armor coating with built in thumb indents and raised texture on the sides for a secure grip and durable protection.
- The focus wheel is smooth and easy to adjust and there’s a locking right eye diopter to adjust for eye differences.
- Vortex VIP Warranty
The Vortex Diamondback binoculars are our number one pick for the best hunting binoculars under $200 and should definitely be on your list of binoculars to check out.
You can learn more by visiting our full Vortex Diamondback Binoculars Review.
The Nikon Prostaff 7s really surprised us with its quality and features at this price point.
My go to hunting binoculars are the Nikon Monarch 7, and I was expecting to be disappointed with the Prostaff, and I wasn't.
The Nikon Prostaff 7s is a perfect example of how the advances in technology have brought high end features to moderately priced optics.
Nikon Prostaff 7s features:
- Nikon's Advanced Optical System which utilizes Phase Correction Coated Roof Prisms and multilayer coatings on lens and prism surfaces.
- Nitrogen purged for 100% waterproof and fogproof performance.
- Ergonomically designed with depressed hand grips and a rubber texturized no slip coating.
- Enhanced knurling and smooth focus rings make focusing simple with just a fingertip.
The reason that the Nikon Prostaff 7s did not make our top choice foe the best hunting binoculars under $200 is because the Nikon Limited Lifetime Warranty is not nearly as good as the Vortex VIP Warranty.
That being said, you should still give the Prostaff 7s a serious look.
You can learn more by visiting our full Nikon Prostaff 7s Binoculars review.
The Bushnell legend Ultra HD Binoculars are another example of moderately priced optics that have benefitted from recent technological advancements.
They utilize Bushnell's ED Prime Glass, which refers to the extra-low dispersion fluorite glass they use for the lenses. This glass has been designed to offer amazing contrast and color resolution. It eliminates color-fringing and chromatic aberration so you can see clear, distinct details.
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD features:
- Magnesium Chassis
- RainGuard HD
- Fully Multi-Coated Optics
- Lead Free Glass
- Phase 3 Prism Coating
- "Yes That's Covered No Questions Asked Warranty"
The Warranty on the binoculars is crazy good!
To learn more visit our full Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Binoculars Review.
The Vortex Crossfire HD Binoculars deliver crisp, razor sharp images thanks to the HD Optical System. They are optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
Perhaps the biggest thing that the Crossfire HD has going for it is the amazing Vortex VIP Warranty.
- UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
- FULLY TRANSFERABLE
- NO RECEIPT NEEDED
Vortex Crossfire HD features:
- Nitrogen purged and O Ring sealed for 100% waterproof and fogproof performance.
- Armor coated chassis for lightweight, non slip and rugged design.
- Vivid, razor sharp images thanks to the HD Optical System and Fully Multi Coated Glass.
- Tethered objective lens covers.
- The Vortex Crossfire HD comes with the GlassPak binocular harness which keeps the binoculars comfortably on your chest.
Vortex is really changing the game in high quality optics and the Crossfire HD Binoculars are no exception.
To learn more, visit our full Vortex Crossfire HD Binoculars review.
Bushnell Trophy Binoculars are high on quality by providing many of the features of higher end binoculars at a much lower price.
The small ergonomic design makes them easy to hold and the large focus knob is easy to use, even with gloves on.
Bushnell Trophy binoculars features include:
- Nitrogen purged and O-Ring sealed for 100% waterproof and fogproof performance.
- BAK4 Prisms
- Slim, Ergonomic shape with a no slip grip and large focusing wheel for easy, quick focus, even with gloves on.
- Fully multi coated lenses.
- Lead Free Glass.
My favorite feature of the Bushnell Trophy binoculars is the "Yes That's Covered No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty".
Check out the video below.
The Bushnell Trophy Binoculars deserve a good long look.
To learn more visit our Bushnell Trophy Binoculars Review.
Best Hunting Binoculars Under $200 Comparison Chart
Field of View
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10X42
Vortex Crossfire 8x42
Vortex Diamondback 8x42
Nikon Prostaff 7s 8x42
Bushnell Trophy 10x42
As you have searched the internet for the best hunting binoculars under $200, you have no doubt come across many articles that are clearly not written by hunters.
These articles are written by internet marketers that are trying to get you to buy the binoculars that they make the most money from.
Some of these articles are very obvious because they feature binoculars that no hunter would ever use.
If you made it this far, you now realize that this article is full of actual reviews of the best hunting binoculars by real hunters.
These are hunting binoculars that we have actually used and in many cases, continue to use today.
Please leave your comments below.