In this Vortex Diamondback Binoculars Review we are going to show you why this little brother of the Vortex Viper may be the Best Hunting Binoculars for you.
Just one look at Vortex Diamondback will tell you that this is a serious pair of binoculars for serious outdoorsmen.
The Vortex Diamondback Binoculars are available in both 8x42 and 10x42 models. Your ideal choice will be based on the type of hunting you do.
Click here for our Guide to Choosing the Best Binoculars For Hunting for your particular situation.
With its fairly low price point (around $200), the Vortex Diamondback really hits a sweet spot of high quality features versus price.
RELATED: Top Rated Rangefinder Binoculars
Check out the Vortex Diamondback Binoculars Review video below.
Let's take a look at the features of the Vortex Diamondback binoculars and see why Vortex is taking the hunting optics market by storm.
- The Vortex Diamondback features Dielectric Fully Multi-Coated Lenses which transmit more light and return brighter images.
- They also feature a short hinged design which makes for a very comfortable, ergonomic grip.
- Fully adjustable multi position twist eyecups for excellent eye relief.
- They’re also very lightweight, with the 8x42 weighing in at just 21.8 ounces and the 10x42 at 21.4 ounces.
- They have a Field of View that is one of the largest in its class, 393 feet in the 8x42 and 340 feet in the 10x42, making it extremely efficient for glassing your surroundings and picking up your target.
- They are O-ring sealed and argon purged for 100% Waterproof and fogproof performance.
- One of the features that I like a lot is the Rubber armor coating with built in thumb indents and raised texture on the sides for a secure grip and durable protection.
- The focus wheel is smooth and easy to adjust and there’s a locking right eye diopter to adjust for eye differences.
- Included with your Vortex Diamondback is a Rainguard eyepiece cover, tethered covers for the objective lens, a comfy neck strap, and a premium padded carrying case.
RELATED: How To Clean Binoculars
Best of all, the Diamondback binoculars come with the Vortex VIP Warranty, which is very impressive given the low price point on these hunting binoculars.
Here is the Vortex VIP Warranty.
Lifetime. Unlimited. Unconditional. Vortex will repair or replace the product in the event it becomes damaged or defective. Absolutely free—no matter the cause!
Pros and Cons of the Vortex Diamondback Binoculars
Now that we have looked at the key features of the Vortex Diamondback Binoculars, let's take a look at the pros and cons.
- Truly incredible price for hunting binoculars with all of the premium features described above.
- Incredible Field Of View. As a matter of fact, the field of view is better than the much more expensive Vortex Viper.
- O-ring sealed and argon purged for 100% waterproof and fog proof performance.
- They fit very well in your hands with the short hinged design and built in thumb indents.
- They are extremely lightweight, making them the perfect choice hunting.
- They are tripod adaptable, making them compatible with tripod mounts and car window mounts.
- They come with the Viper VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty.
Vortex Diamondback Binoculars Review Final Verdict
The Vortex Diamondback Binoculars are known for their impressive optical quality and durability, delivering performance at a surprisingly affordable price.
While you can't expect to get the HD extra low dispersion glass and armorTek coating at this price point, you can expect a high quality set of optics at an amazingly low price.
If your hunting binocular budget is around $200, I would urge you to order a pair of Vortex Diamondback Binoculars in either 8x42 or 10x42 and do your own review to determine if they are the right hunting binoculars for you.
Please leave your comments on the Vortex Diamondback Binoculars Review Below.