In this Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars Review I will share with you my findings as I put these optics through a multitude of tests in different hunting situations to see how they stand up to their competitors.
The Nikon name is synonymous with high quality cameras and they have taken that optical innovation and expertise and applied it to their binoculars, much to the benefit of hunters everywhere.
A couple of weeks before this Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars Review, I completed a Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars Review, so I was concerned that my perception would be clouded by the much more expensive Monarch 7.
Let me just say that I am very impressed with the quality of the Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars given the price point of under $300.
Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars Review Video
Here is a great Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars Review Video by our friends at Ochocos Outdoors, showing the features of these optics.
Let's take a look at the features of the Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars and see why I chose them as one of the Best Hunting Binoculars available today.
- The Nikon Monarch 5 features the same legendary extra-low dispersion (ED) glass as its more expensive big brother, but at a much lower price. The ED glass is responsible for Nikons's superior contrast and brighter, vivid images.
- They also feature Fully Multi Coated Eco Glass lenses. This minimizes the amount of light lost to reflection, resulting in clearer, brighter images and superior low light performance.
- The Monarch 5 also features Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coating, which allows the binoculars to achieve virtually the same brightness as can be seen with the naked eye, providing vividly clear images.
- They are nitrogen filled and o-ring sealed for complete waterproof and fog proof performance.
- They are some of the lightest weight binoculars in their class with the 8x42 weighing in at just 20.8 ounces and the 10x42 at 21.6 ounces.
- The Field of View is not quite as good as their counterparts, but still acceptable at 330 feet in the 8x42 and 290 feet in the 10x42.
- They feature a durable rubber armor coated body built to withstand extreme use in any environment.
- The Nikon Monarch 5 features a smooth center focus wheel for quick, easy adjustments.
- They also feature fully adjustable eye relief with the turn and slide rubber eye cups.
One of the best features of the Nikon Monarch 5 binoculars is the No Fault Lifetime Repair/Replacement Warranty.
Nikon will repair or replace your Monarch 5 binoculars at no charge, regardless of the cause of the damage.
Pros and Cons of the Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars
As you can see, the Nikon Monarch 5 are a feature rich set of binoculars, now let's take a look at the pros and cons.
- Nikon has really set the bar high with the premium HD glass and Fully Multi Coated lenses. The Monarch 5 has superior brightness and the vivid colors are stunning.
- 100% waterproof and fog proof thanks to being o-ring sealed and nitrogen filled.
- Extremely lightweight making them perfect for all day hunts.
- Rubber armor coated body for the extreme durability that hunters require.
- Fully adjustable eye relief, making them perfect for hunters that wear eyeglasses or sunglasses.
- One of the highest quality binoculars we tested under $300.
- Nikon's No Fault Lifetime Repair/Replacement Policy.
- At this price point, you do sacrifice some of the quality that you get in the more expensive hunting binoculars, but these are extremely high quality binoculars for the money.
Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars Review Final Verdict
As I have stated before, you should buy the best hunting binoculars that you can afford.
If your budget is $300 or less, you will not find better binoculars than the Nikon Monarch 5, in my opinion.
I suggest you order a pair from Amazon and do your own Nikon Monarch 5 review.
If you decide that they are not what you are looking for, Amazon has a very simple return policy.
Please leave your comments on the Nikon Monarch 5 Review Below.