In this Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars Review we will take an in depth look at these high quality German optics and see why they were named an editor's choice for the best hunting binoculars under $500.
The Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars are available in both 8X42 and 10X42 models.
Best Hunting Binoculars Under $500
The Zeiss Terra ED features a fiberglass reinforced polymide casing that is nitogen purged and hermetically sealed for 100% waterproof and fogproof performance for those wet days in the field.
They are designed to be super lightweight and compact without giving up ruggedness, making them a superior choice for hunting.
The Zeiss Terra ED delivers crisp, razor sharp images thanks to supreme German engineering and the use of Schott ED Glass.
Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars Review Video
Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars Quality
We were very excited to have the opportunity to review the Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars given the excellent reputation of the German Optics Company.
We found that the quality of the Terra ED lived up to the Zeiss reputation.
Zeiss optics are known for their quality and high prices, so how did they come up with a high quality set of binoculars that retail for under $500?
It appears that the Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars are manufactured in China to Zeiss specifications. This allows Zeiss to offer their quality engineering at a lower price to the public.
When it comes to quality at this price we have to look at the lightweight, compact, fiberglass reinforced polyamide body and Schott ED glass along with Zeiss hydrophobic coated lenses and we can quickly see that the quality is hard to match.
Design and Functionality
Design and functionality is where Zeiss has aways excelled and it is no different with the Terra ED.
It is super lightweight with easy to grip, non slip surfaces and a large, smooth focus wheel that your finger seems to land on effortlessly, for fast, comfortable focusing.
Couple that with Schott ED glass and Zeiss hydrophobicc multi-coating to deliver stunning optical performance in all conditions, including excellent low light performance and you can see why we have chosen the Terra ED as one of the best hunting binoculars under $500.
- Nitrogen purged for 100% waterproof and fogproof performance.
- Fiberglass reinforced polyamide chassis for super lightweight and rugged design.
- Ergonomically designed with a no slip grip and large focusing wheel for easy, quick focus.
- Vivid, razor sharp images thanks to Schott ED glass and Zeiss hydrophobic multi coated lenses.
- The Terra ED comes with a binocular harness which keeps the binoculars comfortably on your chest.
- Although they feature Zeiss legendary German engineering, they are made in China.
Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars Specs
- Magnification: 8X
- Focus System: Center
- Prism Type: Roof
- Prism Glass: Schott ED Glass
- Close Focus (ft/m): 5.25 ft
- Eye Relief: 18mm
- Objective Lens: 42mm
- Exit Pupil: 5.3 mm
- Field of View at 1000 Yds: 375ft
- Diopter: Right Eye
- Optical Coating: fully multi-coated with Zeiss’ proprietary MC multi-coating.
- Waterproof: Yes
- Fogproof: Yes
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Weight: 25.6oz
For a thorough explanation of what the numbers mean visit our Hunting Binoculars Buying Guide.
We hope that you have found our Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars Review helpful.
If you are in the market for a high quality set of German engineered binoculars, you should consider the Zeiss Terra ED.