First let me say that conducting the research and tests for this Nikon Monarch 7 binoculars review was truly a pleasure.
I have always been a fan of the Nikon Monarch Series, so I was very excited to review the Monarch 7 when I saw that Nikon has introduced it as the "Greatest Monarch Ever".
In our search for the best hunting binoculars, the Monarch 7 is very high on the list.
The Nikon Monarch 7 is available in both 8x42 and 10x42 models, as well as others, but we will focus on the 8x42 and 10x42 as those are the best all around choices for hunting binoculars.
Check out the Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars Review video below.
Let's take a look at the features of the Nikon Monarch 7 and see why they are being touted as the Greatest Monarch Ever.
- What really sets the Nikon Monarch 7 apart from the rest of the field is that it combines the use of the extra-low dispersion (ED) glass with Nikon’s special coatings for its prisms and lenses. These include the Dielectric Multilayer Coatings for lens and prism surfaces, so that in effect it’s like seeing things brighter than you would with your naked eye. You also get phase-correction coatings on the prisms so that you get a sharp resolution and contrast while colors are rendered accurately.
- The Nikon Monarch 7 is also extremely durable, as it has rubber armor coating to protect the binoculars from shock and impact. The armor coating is also very comfortable to hold in your hands.
- The Monarch 7 is also completely waterproof and fogproof.
- Wide Field of View - The FOV at 1000 yards is an impressive 420 feet in the 8x42 and 351 feet in the 10x42.
- The close focus distance is also impressive at 8.2 feet for both the 8x42 and 10x42 models
- The exit pupil is 5.3mm in the 8x42 and 4.2mm in the 10x42.
- The Monarch 7 features an ergonomically designed, smooth central focus knob.
- They also feature multi-setting click eyecups for custom eye relief. This is extremely important if you wear eyeglasses or sunglasses while hunting.
- They are sized to fit well in your hand and lightweight, with the 8x42 weighing in at 22.9 ounces and the 10x42 weighing in at 23.6 ounces.
- They come with tethered objective lens covers. No more losing your lens covers!
One of the most important factors in choosing the best hunting binoculars available today is the quality of the manufacturers warranty and Nikon has hit it out of the park with their "No Fault Repair/Replacement Policy"
Nikon will repair or replace your Monarch 7 Binoculars if they ever become damaged or broken regardless of the cause.
Pros and Cons of the Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars
Now that we have looked at the key features of the Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars, let's take a look at the pros and cons.
- The image quality is simply breathtaking. The sharpness is incredible, and the color rendition is phenomenal. With the high quality glass and fully multi-coated lenses.
- Best in class field of view for quick acquisition of your target.
- 100% Waterproof, Fogproof and shock resistant
- Perfectly sized and some of the lightest hunting binoculars in their class.
- They perform extremely well in the low light conditions that we face as deer hunters.
- Multi click adjustable eye relief for hunters that wear eyeglasses or sunglasses.
- Rock solid, No Fault Warranty.
- They are fairly expensive at around $500. However, you are getting premium quality optics.
Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars Review Final Verdict
I have to say, I love the Nikon Monarch 7. These are the hunting binoculars that I use on a daily basis and I couldn't be happier with them.
You are going to be extremely impressed by the brightness and clarity.
The overall image quality is really stunning when you see it for the first time. It is like seeing through binoculars in HD!
You should buy the highest quality optics that you can afford. If your budget goes up to $500, then I would suggest ordering the Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars and doing your own review.
If you purchase from Amazon, they have a very simple return process where UPS will actually pick them up at your home or business and return them to Amazon.
Do yourself a favor and pick up the Nikon Monarch 7 today and see why Nikon has called them "The Greatest Monarch Ever".
Please leave your comments on the Nikon Monarch 7 Binoculars Review Below.