My first pair of binoculars that I ever owned was a pair of Bushnells back in 1983, so I have had a soft spot for Bushnell optics, which is why I was thrilled to get the assignment for this Bushnell Powerview Binoculars Review.
First a little background..
Bushnell is an American company that was founded in 1948 by David Bushnell. They are known around the world for their quality sporting optics.
Let's take a look at the Bushnell Powerview Binoculars.
For this Bushnell Powerview Binoculars review, we are looking specifically at the 10x42 model
The Powerview binoculars are in the economy category and so we cannot compare them to the best hunting binoculars available today, but we will compare them to the best hunting binoculars under $100.
Check out the Bushnell Powerview Binoculars review video below.
- The Bushnell Powerview uses BK-7 Prisms.
- They also feature multi-coated lenses for better contrast and resolution.
- The Powerview also has a rugged, shock absorbing rubber armor coating that will protect the binoculars in the field.
- They are standard size binoculars, and fit very well in your hands.
- They’re also very lightweight, weighing in at just 21.1 ounces.
- They have excellent field of view at 288 ft in 1000 yards.
- They have a very generous eye relief at 17.5mm. Those of you that wear glasses will appreciate this feature.
- They have a center focus knob for easy adjustment.
- They are tripod adaptable.
- The eyecups can also tilt up and down to accommodate your eyeglasses.
- Your purchase includes a carrying case, lens covers, neck strap and a lens cloth
Couple all of that with the Bushnell Limited Lifetime Warranty and you have one of the the best hunting binoculars under $100 available today.
Pros and Cons of the Bushnell Powerview Binoculars
Now that we have looked at the key features of the Bushnell Powerview Binoculars, let's take a look at the pros and cons.
- They are inexpensive, coming at less than $100
- The Field of View is outstanding, making it easy to acquire your target, even when it is moving.
- The rubber armor coating will protect against damage in the field.
- They fit well in your hands and are very lightweight, making them perfect for your all day hunts.
- They are tripod adaptable.
- Very long adjustable eye relief, making them perfect for hunters that wear eyeglasses or sunglasses.
- Construction is inferior to the more expensive binoculars.
- They are not waterproof and fogproof.
Bushnell Powerview Binoculars Review Final Verdict
Bushnell Powerview Binoculars are designed to provide high-quality optics at an affordable price.
The BaK-7 prisms and multi-coated optics provide high-level image resolution and clarity for a binocular in this price point.
We have to reiterate that these are a cheap pair of hunting binoculars and you simply can't compare them to the higher priced models, but if I had to choose a pair of cheap hunting binoculars, the Bushnell Powerview would certainly be on my list.
Please leave your comments on the Bushnell Powerview Binoculars Review Below.