In this Nikon Aculon Binoculars Review we will take a look at these cost effective optics and determine if they are right for you.
Nikon is known for delivering high quality optics and the Aculon series is designed to compete in the lower end market of hunting binoculars under $100.
The Nikon Aculon A211 is available in both 8X42 and 10X42. Both are perfect for hunting.
To learn more about what the numbers mean and how to choose the best hunting binoculars for your situation visit The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best Hunting Binoculars.
Let's take a look at the features of the Nikon Aculon and see why we chose them as one of the Best Hunting Binoculars under $100 available today.
Nikon Aculon Key Features
- Aspherical Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses - This feature delivers a flat field of view, and multicoating enhances the brightness of images. The Nikon Eco-Glass lenses provide remarkable clarity in a lightweight arsenic and lead free glass. This is normally found in much more expensive hunting binoculars, but Nikon has chosen to use it in the affordable Aculon series.
- Ergonomic, Lightweight Body Design - The ACULON A211 binoculars are very lightweight and feel good in your hands, making them easy to carry and use all day.
- Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups - These eyecups are perfect for easy positioning of eyes and they allow for comfortable viewing during extended periods of use.
Pros and Cons of the Nikon Aculon Binoculars
Now that we have looked at the key features of the Nikon Aculon Binoculars, let's take a look at the pros and cons.
- Durable: The ACULON A211 is light in weight, yet sturdy. These binoculars are waterproof, fog-proof and scratch resistant. They can perform well under a wide range of temperatures and environment they are brought into.
- Convenient: Rubber armoring on these binoculars gives a shock resistant, comfortable and firm grip. These binoculars can be easily mounted with the help of a tripod adapter, delivering a steady image. Rubber eyecups on the ACULON A211 can be twisted up or down providing a custom fit. It has a smooth focus knob that is ergonomically placed to allow easy adjustment. It has a zoom lever mounted on the eyepiece which provides quick magnification.
- Optics: Lenses on these binoculars are light in weight and made of Eco-Glass owing to arsenic-free and lead-free composition. Multiple layer prism coatings on the lens enhance the brightness of the image.
- The image is not as clear as more expensive binoculars when zoomed in.
Nikon Aculon Binoculars Review Final Verdict
The Nikon Aculon binoculars offer great value for the money and they are a cost effective choice.
However, keep in mind that these are binoculars under $100 and they lack the really crisp images and better performance of the best hunting binoculars available today.
If your budget only allows for less than $100 to spend on binoculars, then you should consider the Nikon Aculon and our other top choices for best hunting binoculars under $100.
Please leave your comments on the Nikon Aculon Binoculars Review Below.